Biological Classification for NEET MCQs & Answers . This Multiple Choice Questions and Answers of Biological Classification are most important part of the NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER and other Medical Entrance Exams. We composed this Biological Classification for NEET MCQs & Answers with FREE PDF for NEET from Various Text book including NCERT.
Biological Classification for NEET MCQs & Answers
Read & Download Class 11 Biology for FREE
1. The biggest and dominant group is……
2. Pre-fertilized endosperms is characterstics of ……
3. Class dicotyledon is divided into….
(A) 7 sub-classes
(B) 5 sub-classes
(C) 3 sub-classes
(D) 2 sub- classes
Answer: 2 sub- classes
4. Who classified angiosperms into two classes,…
(B) bentham and hooker
Answer: bentham and hooker
5. Presence of rigid cell wall is characterized by kingdom…
6. The tallest living tree of angiosperm is …
(A) wolffia sp.
(B) Zamia sp.
(C) Eucalyptus sp.
(D) sequoia sp.
Answer: sequoia sp.
7. If the seeds are formed from the megasporophylls and not enclosed in a fruits the plant belongs to
8. Embryo is not formed in …
9. Which classification system had been given whittaker ?
(A) 3 domain classification
(B) binomial classication
(C) 5 kingdom classification
(D) artificial classification
Answer: 5 kingdom classification
10 A: lichen shows symbiotic relationship between algae and fungi R: algae absorb water and mineral nutrients from environment and provide to fungi
(A) both A and R true and R is the correct explanation of A
(B) both A and R true but R is not correct explanation A
(C) A is true but R is false
(D) A is false and R is true
Answer: A is true but R is false
11. African sleeping sickness is caused by
(B) Giardia intestinalis
12. Extra chromosomal, circular ,double stranded ,self replicating DNA molecule in bacteria is called
13. Membranous infolding in bacteria that initiate DNA replication is
14. Example of blue green algae is in
15. TMV virus was discovered by
(B) S L Miller
(D) W M Stanley
16. The study of algae is called
17. On the basis of structural form lichen are..
(D) All of three
Answer: All of three
18. Fruiting body is characteristic of…
19. Microsporophyll :stamen then Megasporophyll:……………
(D) Pollen grains
20. Which of the fossil member?
21. Which of the following is included in five kingdom classification .
(A) Monera, Protista, Animalia, Plantae, Algae
22. Who is the father of Taxonomy among the following
(D) Birbal sahani
23. Halophiles is also called …..
24. By how many criteria ,living organisms have been classified into five kingdom.
25. Prokaryotes are included in the kingdom ….
26. Viroids were discovered by ..…
27. The name virus was given by …
28. Virus have….
(A) DNA core,Lipid coat
(B) DNA or RNA core ,protein coat
(C) DNA or RNA core,plasma membrane
(D) DNA containing nucleus ,lipid envelope
Answer:DNA or RNA core ,protein coat
29. A virus contains
(C) DNA or RNA
(D) DNA and RNA
Answer: DNA or RNA
30. The main structural component of virus is …
(A) nucleic acid
(C) nucleic acid and protein
(D) nucleic acid or protein
Answer: nucleic acid and protein
31. Protista include…………..
(A) Paramecium,Euglena ,Dinoflagellates
(C) Yeast ,Euglena,Dinoflagellates
(D) Mushroom,Paramecium ,Euglena
Answer: Paramecium,Euglena ,Dinoflagellates
32. The study of fungi is …….…
33. Fungus cell wall is made up of……………….
34. In Fungi reserved food materials are …..
(A) Glycogen and lipid droplets
Answer: Glycogen and lipid droplets
35. Study of lichens is called …………
36. In lichens fungal component is known as ……….
(C) A & B
(D) none of these
Answer:A & B
37. The plant cell without chloroplast is ….….
38. Symbiotic relationship is found in ….….
39. Plant of this group possess naked seed
40. Which sentence is true for Bryophytes ?
(A) They are autotrophic
(B) vascular tissues are absent
(C) Fertilisation take place in the presence of water
(D) All of the three
Answer: All of the three
41. In some parasitic fungi a globular or hook like structure is formed at the point of contact with the host. This is known as
(C) Hold fast
42. Fungi which grow on dung are termed as
43. The fruiting body of Aspergillus is called
44. All fungi are
45. One of the common fungal diseases of man is
46. Aflatoxin is produced by
47. Yeast is unlike bacteria in being
48 “Perfect stage” of a fungus means
(A) When the fungus is perfectly healthy
(B) When it reproduces asexually
(C) When it forms perfect sexual spores
(D) None of these
Answer:When it forms perfect sexual spores
49. Kingdom Monera consist of….
(D) All of the above
50. Some bacteria thrive extreme environment conditions such as absence of oxygen, high salt concentration, high temperature and acidic pH. Name them
(D) All of the above
51. Some hyperthermophilic organisms that grow in highly acidic (pH 2) habitats belong to two groups
(A) liverworts and yeasts
(B) eubacteria and archaea
(C) protists and mosses
(D) cyanobacteria and diatoms
Answer:eubacteria and archaea
52. Pick the correct combination of statements (i-iv) regarding characteristics of some entities
i. Methanogens are archaebacteria that produce methane in marshy areas
ii. Nostoc is a filamentous blue green alga which fixes atmospheric nitrogen
iii. Chemosynthetic autotrophic bacteria synthesize cellulose from glucose
iv. Mycoplasma lack a cell wall and can survive without oxygen
(A) (ii) and (iii)
(B) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(C) (ii), (iii) and (iv)
(D) (i), (ii) and (iv)
Answer: (i), (ii) and (iv)
53. Bacterial leaf blight of rice is caused by a species
(D) None of these
54. Fungi can be stained by
(B) Cotton blue
55. Fungi usually store the reserve food material in the form of
56 Fungi can be distinguished from algae in fact that
(A) Cell wall is cellulosoic cell wall and chlorophyll is absent
(B) Nucleus is present
(C) Mitochondria are absent
(D) Cell wall is chitinous and chlorophyll is absent
Answer: Cell wall is chitinous and chlorophyll is absent
57. Ergot is obtained from
58. One of the following is a predatory fungus
59. Fungi producing usually eight spores in a sac like structure belong to
60. One of the following is a heteroceous fungus?