English Grammar Editing Error Correction (Incorrect – Correct) 100+ examples with answers
Given below are some common errors which are generally committed by the students in their everyday speech and writing and should be avoided.
- I have received no informations.
Ans: I have received no information.
2. My circumstance is bad.
Ans: My circumstances are bad.
3. Her essay is worst than mine.
Ans: Her essay is worse than mine.
4. The population of Mumbai is greater than Chennai.
Ans: The population of Mumbai is greater than that of Chennai.
5. He is elder than Ali.
Ans: He is older than Ali.
6. He is my oldest brother.
Ans: He is my eldest brother.
7. This wine is inferior than that.
Ans: This wine is inferior to that.
8. My all books are lost.
Ans: All my books are lost.
9. Always speak truth.
Ans: Always speak the truth.
10. No pain was speared.
Ans: No pains were speared.
11. Little money is better than none.
Ans: A little money is better than none.
12. Whole Punjab mourns his loss.
Ans: Whole of the Punjab mourns his loss.
13. He will keep his words.
Ans: He will keep his word.
14. The cattles are grazing in the meadow.
Ans: The cattle are grazing in the meadow.
15. People don’t like to be keep waiting.
Ans: People don’t like to be kept waiting.
16. He gave me a ten rupees note.
Ans: He gave me a ten- rupee note.
17. He is an University professor.
Ans: He is a University professor.
18. It cost me hundred rupees.
Ans: It cost me a hundred rupees.
19. Poors are always with us.
Ans: The poor are always with us.
20. I spent all money I had.
Ans: I spent all the money I had.
21. I am wiser than him.
Ans: I am wiser than he.
22. Who are you talking about?
Ans: Whom are you talking about?
23. I met the girl who you said you gave my book.
Ans: I met the girl whom, you said, you gave the book.
24. This is the bird who sings.
Ans: This is the bird which sings.
25. I supposes it to be she.
Ans: I supposed it to be her.
26. He had gone to Mumbai yesterday.
Ans: He went to Mumbai yesterday.
27. I am ill for two days.
Ans: I have been ill for two days.
28. I finished my work just now.
Ans: I have finished my work just now.
29. His arguments are as follow.
Ans: His arguments are as follows.
30. Mohan as well as Sohan have come.
Ans: Mohan as well as Sohan has come.
31. He is one of those men who knows everything.
Ans: He is one of those men who know everything.
32. Many a man were present there.
Ans: Many men were present there.
Or, Many a men was present there.
33. I depend upon Raman coming here.
Ans: I depend upon Raman’s coming here.
34. I am much surprised at this news.
Ans: I am very surprised at this news.
35. I have not got none.
Ans: I have not got any.
36. She seldom or ever makes mistakes.
Ans: She seldom or never makes a mistake.
37. Don’t prevent her to go there.
Ans: Don’t prevent her to go there.
38. Ofcourse, she dances very well.
Ans: She certainly dances very well.
40. Refrain to do evil.
Ans: Refrain from doing evil.
41. You need not to go there.
Ans: You need not go there.
42. He kept himself inside the house.
Ans: He kept inside the house.
43. Enjoy in the garden.
Ans: Enjoy yourself in the garden.
44. I have come here this morning.
Ans: I came here this morning.
45. It has been raining from 8 O’ clock.
Ans: It has been raining since 8 O’ clock.
46. He ascended up the hill.
Ans: He ascended the hill.
47. He resembles with his father.
Ans: He resembles his father.
48. He will come after a week.
Ans: He will come in a week.
49. The examination will begin from Tuesday.
Ans: The examination will begin on Tues day.
50. His trouser was torn.
Ans: His trousers were torn
51. He did many mischiefs.
Ans: He did many acts of mischief.
52. I like these kind of books.
Ans: I like this kind of books.
53. This pen is superior than that.
Ans: This pen is superior to that.
54. The two men struck one another.
Ans: The two man struck each other.
55. Her essay is worst than mine.
Ans: Her essay is worse than mine.
56. He stayed here few days.
Ans: He stayed here a few days.
57. Bring me any water to drink.
Ans: Bring me some water to drink.
58: it’s often raining here.
Ans: It often rains here.
59: I look forward to see you.
Ans: I look forward to seeing you.
60. Can you mend this until Tuesday?
Ans: Can you mend this by Tuesday?
61. If I’ll have time, I’ll go home.
Ans: If I have time, I’ll go home.
62. He is married with a doctor.
Ans: He is married to a doctor.
63. This soup is not enough hot.
Ans: This soup is not hot enough.
64. Where is station?
Ans: Where is the station?
65. If I knew the price I will tell you.
Ans: If I knew the price, I would tell you.
66. No doubt the world is getting warmer.
And: There is no doubt the world is getting warmer.
67. It’s too much hot in this house.
Ans: It’s too hot in this house.
68. You must stop to smoke.
Ans: You must stop smoking.
69. She never listens me.
Ans: She never listens to me.
70. I came here for study English.
Ans: I came here to study English.
71. That pair of scissors belong to me.
Ans: That pair of scissors belongs to me.
72. Stephenson has invented the steam engine.
Ans: Stephenson invented the steam engine.
74. She died before her brother arrived.
Ans: She had died before her brother arrived.
75. He is not such a man whom you depict to be.
Ans: He is not such a man as you depict him to be.
76. My horse and yours are both lame.
Ans: Your horse and mine are both lame.
77. They said it was me?
Ans: They said it was I ?
78. I will go by the time she will com.
Ans: I shall have gone by the time she comes.
79. I am wiser than him.
Ans: I am wiser than he.
80. Ganges is a sacred river.
Ans: The Ganges is a sacred river.
81. I prepared myself for the journey.
Ans: I prepared for the journey.
82. The Arabian nights are interesting book.
Ans: The Arabian nights is a interesting book.
83. I depend on you to go there.
Ans: I depend upon your going there.
84. I am very obliged to you.
Ans: I am much obliged to you.
85. He denied to give an explanation.
Ans: He refused to give an explanation.
86. Edison discovered the phonograph.
Ans: Edison invented the phonograph.
87. He said that he is well.
Ans; He said that he was well.
89. He had hardly reached there than it began to rain.
Ans: He had hardly reached there when it began to rain.
90. Neither he or his sister came
Ans: Neither he nor his sister came.
91. I prefer reading poetry than prose.
Ans: I prefer reading poetry to prose.
92. Attend your work.
Ans: Attend to your work.
93. I shall finish my work within 6 O’clock.
Ans: o shall finish my work before 6 O’clock.
94. No sooner he heard the news, he left.
Ans: No sooner did he hear the news, than he left.
95. Though he worked hard but he failed.
Ans: Though he worked hard, he failed.
96. Divide this money among the two brothers.
Ans: Divide this money between the two brothers.
97. Columbus invented America.
Ans: Columbus discovered America.
98. This is a worth seeing building.
Ans: This is a building worth seeing.
99. He does not obey to my orders.
Ans: He doesn’t obey my orders.
100. I have been studying from early morning.
Ans: I have been studying since early morning.