GK Questions & Answers on the Vedic Civilisation and Culture
The Indus Valley Civilisation was followed by another great civilisation and culture known as Vedic ERA . The Aryans were the originators of the civilisation. Here, we the team LIVE LEARNS are giving 10 GK Questions and Answers on the Vedic Civilisation and Culture which are designed to the evolving nature of different competitive examinations like UPSC-prelims, IAS-prelims, SSC, CDS, NDA, NAVY, and Railways etc.
1. The term ‘Aryans’ denotes___________
A. An ethnic group
B. A nomadic people
C. A speech group
D. A superior race
2. Which one of the following vedic God /Goddess depicts an association with the sun?
3. Which of the following four Vedas contains an account of magical charm and spells?
4. Which of the following statements regarding the later Vedic age is not correct?
A. It was a fully monetised peasant society and a full fledged class based society
B. Exchange of goods especially gifts and expensive rituals formed a part of later Vedic society
C. In the major part of later Vedic period ritualism formed a part of later Vedic society
D. The tribal militia of the Rigvedic society was replaced by the peasant militia of later Vedic society
5. Which of the following was initially the most powerful city state of India in 6th century BC?
6. The river most mentioned in early Vedic literature is
7. Mahamastakabhisheka, a great religious event, is associated with and done for who of the following?
8. The learned lady who is said to have debated the famous law giver YajnaValkya was
9. Which of the following kings of Magadha transferred the capital from Girivraja to Pataliputra permanently?
D. None of these
10. The 40 years war between ancient Aryan king Divodas and Sambar resulted in the defeat of