Table of Contents
Top 50 Informatica MDM Interview Questions and Answers
Here, we will share some of the questions of Master in Data Management with you people, whatever are the biggest questions of MDM, here you will get the big questions related to it, whatever the difficult questions are. We will share it with you in very simple language from here, if you people want any question and answer related to data management, you can visit our website.
Master in Data Management, this is a big software, it will take some time to get to know you guys, whoever does a job here, by studying this pair by doing Master in Data Management, the one who passes well in the exam, if he The salary of the fake case that does the job will be around 2-3 courts, Hey you guys also have to do master in data management which is the interview question, you have to mean all this means you WANNA DO. THEN VISIT OUR SITE.
Indian who is Master in Data Management, to make this story to qualify you people, you are first asked some interview questions like Explain about MDM and Define MDM and Explain about OLAP and OLTP what is Data Warehousing Define Informatica Powercenter All this is asked to you guys and what is my heart this oltp whatsapp you will be asked.
1. Explain the term Mapping?
Ans: Mapping represents the flow of data between the sources and targets. It is a set of target definitions and source linked by transformation objects that defines the data transformation rules.
2. Define Mapplet?
Ans: Mapplet is a reusable element that consists set of changes that allow reusing that transformation logic in involved mappings.
3. Explain to us about Transformation?
Ans: It is a repository element that helps to generate and modifies the data. In mapping, transformation represents certain operations that perform on integrated services. All the data that passes through these transformation ports linked with mapping.
4. What is Data Mining?
Ans: Data Mining is the process of analysing the vast amount of data to find valuable hidden insights and compiling it into useful data. It allows the users to discover unknown relationships and patterns between various elements in the data. The useful insights extracted from the data might help you in scientific discovery, marketing, fraud detection, and many more.
5. List out various objects that cannot be used in the Mapplets?
Ans: Following are the various objects that cannot use in the mapplets:
- COBOL source definition
- Normalizer transformations
- Joiner transformations
- Post or pre-session stored procedures
- sequence generator transformations that are non-reusable
- XML source definitions
- Target definitions
- IBM MQ source definitions
- Power mart 3.5 styles of Lookup functions
6. What are the foreign columns in fact and dimensional tables?
Ans: In fact table, foreign keys are the primary key of the dimensional table, and in the dimensional table, foreign keys are the primary key of the entity table.
Informatica Mdm Training
- Master Your Craft
- Lifetime LMS & Faculty Access
- 24/7 online expert support
- Real-world & Project Based Learning
7. Explain different ways used in Informatica to switch one environment to another?
Ans: Following are the different ways used in Informatica to switch one environment to another:
- By copying folder/objects
- By exporting deploy and repository into an environment
- By dumping every mapping to XML and using them in a new environment
- Informatica deployment groups
8. Differentiate Mapping variables and Mapping parameters?
- Mapping Variable: It is dynamic and changes the value during the session. The PowerCenter reads the initial value of the mapping variable and stores the value in the database after the completion of each session. And the same value is used when you run the session.
- Mapping Parameter: It is static, and you need to define the variable before performing the session. And this value remains the same even after completion of the session. While running the session, integration service legalises the value and keeps the same value even after the termination of the session.
9. Explain various ways to eliminate duplicate records from Informatica?
Ans: Following are the different ways to delete the duplicate records from Informatica:
- By choosing the different option in the source qualifier
- By Revoking a SQL Query in Source qualifier
- By using Aggregator and group by all fields
10. How to find invalid mappings in a folder?
Ans: Using the following query, you can find invalid mappings in a folder:
SELECT MAPPING_NAME FROM REP_ALL_MAPPINGS WHERE
SUBJECT_AREA='YOUR_FOLDER_NAME' AND PARENT_MAPPING_IS_VALIED <>1
11. Explain different repositories that can be created using the Informatica Repository Manager?
Ans: Here are the various types of repositories that you can create in Informatica.
- Standalone Repository: It is a single repository that operates individually, which is not associated with other repositories.
- Global Repository: It is a central repository and carries shared objects over various repositories of a domain.
- Local Repository: Local repository stays within the domain. It can correlate to the global repository with the help of global ways and make use of these objects in their shared folders.
12. Explain different data movement modes that are available in Informatica Server?
Ans: Data movement modes provide a set of instructions to handle the process of character data. Based on that, you can determine the data movement from Informatica server configuration settings. Here are the two data movement modes:
- ASCII Mode
- Unicode Mode
13. Explain different types of Locks that are used in Informatica MDM 10.1?
Ans: Following are the two types of locks used in Informatica MDM 10.1:
- Exclusive Lock allows the individual user to access and make amends to the underlying metadata.
- Write Lock allows various users to access and make amends to the underlying metadata at a time.
14. List out the tools that do not require Lock-in Informatica MDM?
Ans: Following are the list of various tools that are not required lock:
- Hierarchy Manager
- Data Manager
- Merge Manager
- Audit Manager
15. List out the tools that require Lock in Informatica MDM?
Ans: Following are the tools that are required Lock to make configuration amends to the database of MDM hub master in Informatica MDM:
- Message Queues
- Tool Access
- Security Providers
- Repository Manager
16. Explain about OLAP and OLTP?
- Online Analytical Processing(OLAP) is a technology that works in the background of the application to support many business Intelligence (BI) applications. It manages, gathers and transforms multidimensional data for analysis.
- Online Transaction Process(OLTP) is a process that contains data and normalized tables. This application is designed to modify the data and perform day-to-day operations to analyze the data.
17. What is the expiration module of automatic look in Informatica MDM?
Ans: For every 60 seconds the hub console is refreshed in the current situation. Lock can be released by the users manually. If a user switches to another database while the lock is on hold, the lock will be released automatically. The lock expires within a minute if the user terminates the hub console.
18. Explain various components of the Informatica hub console?
Ans: Following are the components of Informatica hub console:
- Design Console: This element helps in configuration solution during the deployment stage and allows the changes according to the requirements in the ongoing configuration.
- Data Stewed Console: This element is utilised to review consolidated data and also check the data queued for the exception handling.
- Administration Console: This component is used to assign various database administrative activities and role-based security.
19. List the tables that can linked to the staging date?
Ans: Following are the multiple tables that can integrate with the staging data in MDM. They are:
- Raw Table
- Staging Table
- Landing Table
- Rejects Table
20. Tell us about various loading phases in MDM?
Ans: Following are the various stages in which data is stored into hub stores in a sequential process.