MCQs on Algae
Products made from algae are the natural solutions to the energy, foods, economic, and climate challenges facing our whole world today. Algae have the power to simultaneously puts fuels in our vehicles and recycle CO2, provides nutrition for animals and people and create jobs for millions of indian Algae? Naturally.
What is Algae
These are chlorophyl bearing, thalloid and simple thallophytes are placed in algae chlorophyll photosynthetic pigment) bearing thalloid plants. They synthesize their own food. Hence, algae are autorophic (fungi lack chlorophyll and are heterotrophic). Besides, algae exhibit all the characteristics of thallophyta. They differ from bryophyta in many vegetative and reproductive features, such as absence of jacketed sex organs and formation of embryo.
1. Which one of the following is a colonial alga?
2. Which of the following shows zygotic meiosis?
3. Find the incorrect statement
(a) Agar-agar is produced from Gracilaria
(b) Chlorella is used in space food
(c) Mannitol is a food reserve of Rhodophyceae
(d) Algin is produced by algae
4. Which of the following has non-flagellated isogamous gametes?
5. Mannitol is a reserved food found in
6. Which of the following contains chlorophyll a, b, phycoerythrin and phycocyanin?
7. Which of the following is rich in protein?
8. Ulothrix produces
9. What is the mode of sexual reproduction in Chlorophyceae?
(d) all of the above
10. What is the shape of chloroplast in Chlamydomonas?