NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Chemistry Chapter 5 Surface Chemistry Important Questions for Class 12 Chemistry Surface Chemistry Class 12 Important Questions
1. The colloidal state of a substance depends on
(a) molecular size (b) degree of stability
(c) both (a) and (b)) (d) none of these
2. The particle size of a colloidal state is in the range of
(a) less than 10 m
(b) 10 to 10 m
(c) greater than 10 m
(d) none of these
3. Which of the following is not a form of colloid?
4. in appearance Colloidal solution is
(d) all of these
5. Which of the following properties is shown by true solutions?
(a) Tyndal effect
(b) Brownian movement
(d) all of these
6. In a colloid dispersed phase is liquid and dispersion medium is solid, then it is known as
7. If both the dispersed phase and dispersion medium of a colloid are liquid, then it is known as
8. Smoke is a type of colloid.
(a) Solid Sol
(b) Aerosol solid
(c) Aerosol liquid
9. In an aerosol liquid the dispersed phase & the dispersion medium are respectively
(a) Solid, Solid
(b) Liquid, Solid
(C) Liquid, Gas
(d) Liquid, Liquid
10. Soda water is a type of colloid.
(c) aerosol liquid
11. In a solid foam the dispersed phase & dispersion medium are respectively
(a) Gas, Solid
(b) Gas, Liquid
(c) Gas, Gas
(d) Solid, Gas
12. If dispersion medium of a colloid is benzene, then it is known as
(a) Hydro Sol
(b) Alco Sol
(c) Benzo Sol
(d) Aqua Sol
13. If dispersed phase of a colloid has afinity toward dispersion medium then it known as
(a) Lyophilic colloid (b) Lyophobic colliod
(c) Hydrophilic (d) Hydrophobic
14. Which of the following is not for lyophilic colloid
(a) Reversibble in nature (b) Stable in nature
(c) Highly solvated
(d) More scattering
15. Which of the following is not for Lyophobic colloid?
(a) Particles carry charge (b) less stable
(c) Mostly Inorganic compounds
(d) Viscocity is more than the medium.
16. Which of the following is an example of multimolecular Colloid.
17. Nylon is an example of which type of colloid ?
(a) Multimoleular (b) Macro molecular
18. Which of the following is true for Associated colloid?
(a) On dissolution a large number of atoms molecules aggregate to form colloid
(b) Large sized molecules on dissolution form colloidal solution.
(C) On dissociation at low concentration behave as normal electrolyte but at high concentration behave as colloid due to association.
(d) All of these.
19. Micelle is a form of_
(a) Associated colloid (b) Multimolecular colloid
(c) Macromolecular colloid (d) None of these
20. The temperature above which micelles are formed is known as
(a) 1gnition temperature (b) Kindling temperature
(c) Kraft’s temperature (d) Boyle’s temperatue
21. In which type of colloid the molecular mass is not high ?
(a) Multimolecular (b) Macromolecular
(d) All of these
22. Which type of force exIst in different types of colloid
(a) Covalent force (6) vander Waal’s force
(c) Molecular force (d) Metallic force
23. Macromolecular colloids are generally
(C) Both (a) & (b)
(d) Can’t be said.
24. By bredig arc method which of the following Chemistry colloidal solution is not prepared ?
25. Peptization is due to
1.(c) 2. (a) 3.(d) 4.(b) 5.(c) 6.(b) 7. (c) 8.(b) 9.(b) 10.(d) 11. (a) 12. (c) 13. (a) 14. (d) 15. (d) 16. (a) 17. (b) 18. (c) 19 (a) 20. (c) 21. (a) 22. (b) 23. (b) 24. (d) 25. (a)