NEET Biology MCQs for Asexual Reproduction with Answer pdf
NEET UG Biology Reproduction in Organisms or asexual in flowering plants MCQs with answers available in free Pdf for download. The MCQ Questions for NEET Biology with answers have been prepared as per the latest 2021 NEET Biology syllabus, books and examination pattern by our live learns team. Multiple Choice Questions form important part of competitive exams and NEET exam and if practiced properly can help you to get higher rank.
1. __________________ refers to an asexual reproduction process where in genetically identical copies of individual plants are produced.
b. Binary fission
c. Clonal propagation
d. None of the above
Ans: c. Clonal propagation
2. _______ shows totipotency.
d. All of the above
Ans: b. Meristem
3. __________ is not a method of vegetative propagation.
c. Lytic cycle
Ans: c. Lytic cycle
4. Bryophyllum daigremonatianum reproduces by_______________?
a. Vegetative propagation
Ans: a. Vegetative propagation
5. Planaria’s most remarkable characteristics are its ability to________________?
b. Survive without air
c. Generate bioluminescence
Ans: d. Regenerate
6. Which of the following is a unicellular organism that reproduce by budding:
Ans: d. Spirogyra
7. Asexual reproduction in the spirogyra involves:
a. Breaking up of filaments into smaller bits
b. Division of a cell into many cells
c. Division of a cell into two cells
d. Formation of a large number of buds
Ans: b. Division of a cell into many cells
8. Reason of a greater similarities among the offsprings produced by asexual reproduction; is
I. Asexual reproduction involves only one parent
II. Asexual reproduction involves two parents
III. Asexual reproduction involves gametes
IV. Asexual reproduction doesn’t involve gametes
a. I and II
b. I and III
c. II and IV
d. I and IV
Ans: d. I and IV
9. Which of the following processes doesn’t lead to the formation of clones:
c. Tissue culture
Ans: a. Fertilisation
10. A organism capable of reproducing by two asexual reproduction methods one similar to reproduction in yeast and the other similar to the reproduction in planaria is:
Ans: b. Hydra