[A] May 18
[B] May 19
[C] May 20
[D] May 21
Correct Answer: A [May 18]
1. Which of the following makes a financial institution a bank?
2. Creation of money by commercial banks refers to
3. How much money are banks able to create is determined by
4. The Value of Money Multiplier equal
5. When the central bank sells securities in the market, the credit creation capacity of the commercial banks is likely to
6. Lowering of CRR by the central bank has the following impact on the credit creation capacity of the commercial banks
7. Raising Reverse Repo Rate by the central bank is likely to have the following impact on demand for goods and services in the economy
8.With lowering margin requirements by the Central bank, the borrowing capacity of the borrowers
9. What items are not included in the Money supply measure?
10. High powered Money consists of
11. Money Supply refers to
12. Money Supply is a______concept
13. Which one of these is a limitation of the barter exchange?
14. Who regulates the money supply in India?
15. Which of the following is not a problem with the barter system of exchange?
16. Money supply includes
17. Supply of money refers to the quantity of money
18. ______is the main source of money supply in an economy
19. This bank operates in the public interest without any profit motive
20. Through the process of______commercial banks are able to create credit, which is in far excess of the initial deposits
21. What will be the effect of an increase in the ‘Repo Rate on the Money Supply?
22. Banks create credit
23. Which of the following will increase the money supply?
24. In order to reduce credit in the country, RBI may
25. The one rupee note and coins are issued by
26. Which of these is not the function of the central bank?
27. Other name of legal reserve requirement is
28. Which of the following is not the function of the central Bank
29. Which bank controls the banking and monetary structure of India?
30. Which institution performs the activity of credit creation
1. What is the minimum age prescribed by the Constitution of India for a candidate to be elected as Vice president of India?
2. Which among the following articles of the Constitution of India abolishes untouchability?
3. New All India services can be initiated in India only if the following makes a recommendation?
4. How many states are part of the North eastern Council ?
5. In which year the legislative council of Tamilnadu was abolished?
6. Who among the following presidents of India was the first Chief Minister of Modern states in India?
7. Who called the Governor of a state as “federal fireman”?
8. In which year, Daman & Diu were separated from Goa?
9. Freedom of Press is implicit under which article of the Constitution of India?
10. In which case, the Supreme Court held that the Preamble is an integral part of the constitution?
11. How many times does the word “Secular” appear in our constitution?
12. The Upper House of Egypt parliament is known as
13. Which of the following is not a correct feature of the parliamentary system of government in India?
14. In which year was the first linguistic State formed?
15. Under which Article the Parliament can prescribe residence within a state or union territory?
16. Which of the following articles of Part III belongs to a different category?
17. In which country does the institution of ‘Shadow Cabinet’ exist?
18. According to which Constitutional Amendment defectors have no more protection on grounds of splits?
19. When was the Parliamentary Forum on Millennium Development Goals created?
20. What is the maximum age until which a Supreme Court judge can hold office?
1. Who administers the oath of office to the President?
2. Where can be the impeachment charges initiated against the President of India?
3. In how much time the vacant post of President should be filled?
4. To whom does the Vice-President submit his resignation?
5. Who described the Prime Minister as “the steering wheel of the ship of the state”?
6. Which act of Parliament abolished the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Council?
7. Who has the final power to decide whether a particular bill is a money bill or not?
8. Which of the following can only discuss the budget but cannot vote on the demands for grants?
9. Which of the following Union Territories has a High Court of its own?
10. The Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) was established in which year?
11. When was the Customs Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal (CESTAT) constituted?
12. How many ex-officio members are there in the National Human Rights Commission?
13. Where is the headquarters of the National Human Rights Commission?
14. Who can be the chair of the Finance Commission in India?
15. What is the main basis for allocation of seats to various States in the Lok Sabha?
16. Which article contains provisions regarding removal and suspension of a member of a Public Service Commission?
17. In which year was the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India established?
18. Where is the headquarters of the National Human Rights Commission?
19. Which part of the Constitution makes provisions with regard to the electoral system in India?
20. In which year elections to the parliament were de-linked from elections to the state assemblies?
1. Which article of the Indian Constitution provides for Vice-President of India?
2. Which among the following constitutional amendment acts, reduced the age of voting from 21 years to 18 years?
3. What is the maximum gap / interval between two sessions of parliament?
4. Which among the following articles defines the Money Bill?
5. Which among the following schedules is related to the responsibilities of Municipalities?
6. Which of the following are the conditions for acquiring Indian Citizenship?
7. Which Constitutional Amendment gave Right to Education to children in India?
8. Which among the following acts was known as the Anarchical and Revolutionary Crime act 1919?
9. Which of the following statements is an incorrect statement about the Finance Commission?
10. Which part of the Indian Constitution deals with the Panchayats?
12. Which of the following depicts the correct sequence in the context of Preamble of the Constitution of India?
13. India had transferred Berubari territory to which of the following countries?
14. Which of the following writs guarantee personal freedom?
15. What are Dilatory motions in context with the procedure in parliament?
16. Which act of British India was one of the main sources of the Constitution of India?
17. Who is called ‘Modern Manu’?
18. Currently how many Union Territories are there in India?
19. How many Fundamental Rights did the Indian Constitution contain initially ?
20. Who is the leader of the Parliament?
Q1. The Universal/World Children’s Day is celebrated on __________.
Q2. Who has been selected for the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award for 2021 by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) Council?
Q3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has handed over the indigenously built light combat helicopters (LCH), developed by __________.
Q4. Which two will be facilitated with the Indian Film Personality of the Year award at IFFI 2021
Q5. SIDBI has entered into a partnership with which of the following to help MSMEs?
Q6. Who has authored her first Novel ‘Lal Salaam: A Novel’?
Q7. What is the theme of Universal/World Children’s Day 2021?
Q8. According to the latest ‘World Bank’s Remittance Prices Worldwide Database’ report by the World Bank, which country became the world’s largest recipient of remittances by receiving USD 87 billion in 2021?
Q9. Who has written the book “Srimad Ramayanam”?
Q10. Who has received the 12th Manipur State Award for Literature 2020 for his book “Ei Amadi Adungeigi Ithat”?
1.Which among the following is popularly called Hypo?
2.“Oil of mirbane” is the most common name of which among the following?
3.Which compound of mercury is used as antiseptic?
4.Which among the following is a major component of Gobar Gas?
5.What is the common name of Calcium Sulphate Hemihydrate?
6.Which among the following was the first artificially produced element?
7.Which of the following elements have the lowest and highest boiling point in the Periodic table?
8.Consider the following comparisons of Alkali Metals and Alkaline Earth Metals
9.Nerve agents are a class of
10. Which of the following is the poorest conductor of heat in comparison to other options?
1. Which of the following is the poorest conductor of heat in comparison to other options?
2. The energy required to remove an electron from the outermost shell of an atom in its isolated gaseous state is called?
3. Which among the following is a Noble Gas?
4. Which among the following is responsible for depletion of Ozone?
5. Which among the following is an example of a Chemical Change?
6. When a tube light breaks, a cracking sound is produced because __?
7. Which among the following gas was leaked at Bhopal during the Bhopal gas tragedy on 2-3 December 1984?
8. Which of the following is not a non-metallic mineral?
9. Trimethylxanthine is a chemical name of a stimulant which is found in tea and coffee. What is the popular name?
10. Which among the following is also known as white gold?
11. Which compound of mercury is used as antiseptic?
12. Which among the following is a common salt in Detergents?
13. When Sulphur is heated with rubber, the process is commonly known as ?
14. PVC is a polymer of ?
15. Which among the following was the first artificially produced element?
16. Which among the following minerals is also known as Horn Silver?
17. Which among the following impurity in drinking water causes the “Bamboo Spine” disorder?
18.The patient is instructed to drink which of the following solutions before undergoing radiological examinations?
19. Which of the following chemicals is used as a molecular sieve to filter common salts from seawater to produce potable water?
20. What is the unit of Stress?
1. When was Jawaharlal Nehru born?
2. Educated in England at Harrow and Cambridge, what occupation did Nehru qualify for?
3. Nehru became friends with Mahatma Gandhi and joined what independence group in 1918?
4. From where Jawaharlal Nehru had completed his studies for a barrister?
5. When did Jawaharlal Nehru first meet Mahatma Gandhi?
6. International Children’s Day is observed on ____ ?
7. Luxor is the city of_____?
8. Who began the Children’s Day celebration?
9. Which of these countries first declared Children’s Day as a public holiday?
10. In which place Jawaharlal Nehru organised the first Kisan March?
11. On what important issue did Nehru and Gandhi differ?
12. In which place Jawaharlal Nehru organised the first Kisan March?
13. When Jawaharlal Nehru became the General Secretary of the All India Congress Committee?
14. Which of the following legislative initiatives did Nehru not introduce?
15. In preparing India for the future, which of the following was not an area Nehru influenced?
16. When was Jawaharlal Nehru elected as the President of the Lahore Session of the Indian National Congress?
17. What incident affected Nehru’s political standing and his health?
18. Which newspaper was started by Jawaharlal Nehru?
19. Which of the following legislative initiatives did Nehru not introduce?
20. Who swore in Nehru as India’s first Prime Minister?
1. When is the World Aids Day observed every year?
2. In which year National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) was established?
3. Where is the headquarters of the ‘National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO)’ located?
4. India has pledged to end the HIV/AIDS pandemic by which year?
5. What is the full form of AIDS?
6. What is India’s contribution to the global supply of antiretroviral drugs for AIDS?
7. Which one of the following is associated with AIDS?
8. Where is the headquarters of Global Fund for AIDS, TB and malaria (GFATM)?
9. On which date, the 2019 edition of World AIDS Vaccine Day (WAVD) is observed?
10. What is the theme of the 2018 World AIDS Day (WAD)?
11. The terms Abhay, HUMSA-UG, NACS and AIDSS, which were recently in news, are
12. Marine Aids to Navigation Bill seeks to repeal which of the following legislations?