Preposition Practice Set With Answer PDF
Here We Discuss About The Prepositions Questions And Answers So Keep Reading These Prepositions Questions And Answers Are Really Help To You Crack Your Exams Click
In Preposition Questions For Competitive Exams PDF of English Grammar post we are sharing very important preposition Preposition Questions For Competitive Exams like for ssc cgl competitive exams. These Preposition notes also important in other competitive exams like Railway, Bank, Delhi Police, Haryana Police, SSC CHSL etc. So we are requested you to read carefully Preposition Question for SSC CGL Exam.
Prepositions are the words found before nouns, pronouns, or other substantives to form phrases functioning as modifiers of verbs, nouns, or adjectives.
And They give us more information on where, when and why all things happen. Using the wrong preposition is a Simple or common mistake So These Questions Are made by Team Live Learns.
- It is surprising indeed that he has access ____ all the important leaders of the country.
- The trouble originated ___a petty quarrel.
- It is due to their lethargy that the plan fell____.
- He felt very much grateful ____his boss for the kindness he had shown in granting him leave.
- Every one of us will have to atone _____his or her misdeeds.
- The consequences of his haughtiness were that his services were dispensed ______by his master.
- These days everybody complains __high prices of commodities.
- Which magazine do you subscribe to ______?
- We must not carp _____ the errors of our ancestors.
- A preface …… a book introduces the book.
- Ramesh is on holiday and he ………… his money very quickly.
- will have been spending
- Have spent
- is spending
- There were speculations before these events, which ultimately ____ in the formation of a republic.
- This book ______________ five sections.
- comprises of
- comprises to
- The doctors ____a special course of antibiotics on the patient to ___the disease
- used, relieve
- gave, take out
- prescribed, prove
- administered, combat
- Autotomy is the ability of an animal to ________ a part of its body at will to save itself from predators and attackers.
- Cast off
- Cast away
- Cut of
- Cut down
- We judge ourselves by our thoughts, ____________ others judge us by our actions.
- Their country has no mineral resources to speak of __________.
- They have set out ________a journey to a hill station.
- After the treatment, he was relieved ___________ the pain
- My uncle apprised me ____ the incident
|1.||C||“access to” is to have authority or permission.|
|2.||A||“originated in “ is the correct usage..|
|3.||A||“Fell through” is to collapse.|
|4.||A||Grateful takes after it.|
|5.||B||Atone for means to apologize.|
|6.||A||The services were “dispensed with” and it means ‘forgo’. Dispense is followed by with.|
|7.||B||To complain of or about something.|
|8.||C||The word ‘subscribe’ means to hold a standing order for a magazine or other periodical, or for a computer service e.g. He subscribes to three magazines.|
|9.||C||If we find fault with something and complain continuously and unnecessarily about it, we ‘carp’ about/at it.|
|10.||B||A ‘preface’ is an introduction to something and the correct preposition is ‘to’.|
|11.||C||The tense used here is ‘present continuous’ as the action is still going on.|
|12.||D||The word ‘ultimately’ gives us a hint of something ending, so culminating fits the best. And with ‘in’ only culminating is correct.|
|13.||B||The use of the preposition ‘of’ after “comprise” is incorrect.|
|14.||D||One does not relieve, take out or prove a disease, so for the 2nd blank, combat is correct|
|15.||A||Cast off , means to remove , and hence this is the answer.|
|16.||C||There are two ways in which we are judged; one is ‘our thoughts’ whereas the other is when our actions are judged.|
|17.||A||To speak ‘of’ mineral means to speak about(Not speech), Speak on means giving speech.|
|18.||B||‘Set out’ means to begin. So correct preposition would be set out on|
|19.||B||Relieve of is the correct idiom|
|20.||D||Apprise is used with of. It denotes being informed|