Surface Chemistry Short types Questions with Answer
Before we start this chemistry short types of questions you have to know that these are the basic short types questions on chemistry of class 12, surface chemistry questions are very easy to remember because, we the team live learns represent you that short types of questions and their questions with free pdf so, lets check these questions on surface chemistry these questions are really help you to achieve your goals.
1. The purification of blood by artificial kidneys is based on the process of
2. What is difference between sol and emulsion
Ans. Sol is a colloidal solution of solid disperssed in a liquid.
Emulsion Is a colloidal solution of liquid dispersed in a liquid.
3. How does chemisorption of gas vary with temperature ?
Ans. It first increases and then decreases with rise in temperature.
4. Write the dispersed phase and dispersion medium in froth.
Ans. Dispersed phase is gas while dispersion medium is liquid.
5. What is aerosol ?
Ans.Dispersion of liquid or solid particles in a gas is called aerosol. e.g. smoke and fog.
6. Most of the catalysts are used in powdered form. Explain.
Ans. In powdered form surface area is more, which can adsorb more reactant molecules giving the product.
7. How does potash alum purify water?
Ans. Potash alum (K²SO⁴ .AL² (SO⁴), ³ .24H²0) is an electrolyte. It coagulates the impurities present in water, which can be removed by filtration.
8. A lump of charcoal and powdered charcoal which will adsorb more gas?
Ans. Powdered charcoal will adsorb more gas due to its more surface area.
9. What is Brownian movement ?
Ans. The zig-zag motion of colloidal particles in a solution is called the Brownian movement. It is due to unequal bombardment of the molecules of dispersion medium on the colloidal particles.
10. What are micelles ?
Ans. Micelles are the substances which behave as normal electrolyte at low concentration while behave as colloidal particles at higher concentration due to association. e.g. soap solution.