Tense Learn English Grammar in Lockdown
Choose the correct forms of verbs:
Here you Learns the correct verb and correct form of tense Learn English Grammar in just one months of Lockdown!
- Look! The man_________________________________________.
A. is falling B. is going to fall
C. will fall D. falls
- You are late, you ____________________________ the train.
A. will miss B. are missing
C. are going to miss D. are going to missing
- What time does the match ___________-?
A. began B. begun
C. begin. D. beginning
- I _____________________sixteen next week.
A. will be. B. am going to be
C. am being D. None of these
- I _________________________well last night.
A. sleep B. slept
C. sleeping D. was slept
- He ________ cold water on my phone.
A. throw B. thrown
C. threw. D. is throwing
- Shall I meet you at 2pm. No I _________________then.
A. rest B. is resting
C. will rest D. will be resting
- Water ____________________ at 100• celcius.
A. boils B. boil
C. boil D. is boiling
- I wish I _______________ wings.
A. have B. had
C. will have D. would have
- I ___________________for Delhi tomorrow.
A. am leaving B. leave
C. left D. will be leaving
- He __________ for two hours.
A. is working B. has worked
C. had been working D. has been working
- Death __________________________to everyone sooner or later.
A. came B. is coming
C. Comes D. come
- My house__________ east.
A. faces B. is facing
C. faced D. Has faced
- When we arrived, they ___________________ lunch.
A. had B. were having
C. had been D. have
- The patient_____________ before the doctor came.
A. died B. has died
C. had died D. has been died
- I ________do it now.
A. shall B. have
C. Shall be D. am
- Delhi ____________________ on Yamuna.
A. is standing B. stand
C. stood D. Stands
- We ______________________ here since 1947.
A. have been living B. have lived
C. are living D. Live
- We _________________ each other for the past ten years.
A. know B. have known
C. Knew D. had known
- I ____________________ the letter yet.
A. didn’t write B. haven’t written
C. hadn’t written D. am not writing
- While they bathed, we ____________.
A. were fishing B. are fishing
C. fished D. Fish
- The Hindu widows _______________________ themselves along with their husbands.
A. burn B. burns
C. burnt D. are burning
- The Mughals ______________ the battle of Panipat.
A. have won B. had won
C. win D. won
- The servent ___________________ when called.
A. didn’t come B. has not come
C. don’t come D. had not come
- I _____________________ the exercise by 10 o’ clock.
A. have finished B. shall have finished C. had finished
D. have been finishing
- We ________________ to the cinema last night.
A. have gone B. had gone
C. went D. were going
- He told me that she __________ I’ll for six days.
A. was B. is
C. has D. had
- He ________________ home before the sun sets.
A. reaches B. will reach
C. will have reached D. has reached
- A moment ago he__________________a strange news.
A. has heard B. heard
C. had heard D. hears
- He _______________ me a story just now.
A. tells B. has told
C. is telling D. told
- By this time tomorrow I ______________________ home.
A. shall reach B. had reached
C. shall have reached D. have reached
- You will have reached home before , the rain________________________________.
A. has set in B. sets in
C. is setting in D. was setting in
- There ________________________________ the bus.
A. goes B. is going
C. has gone D. went
- School _______________________ again on January 2nd.
A. started B. has started
C. starting D. starts
- She ________________________________________ next week.
A. is married B. is marrying
C. is being married D. marries
- Bali ________________ this book since January last.
A. had been reading B. has been reading C. read
D. has read
- I _____________ my fountain pen.
A. have lost B. Lose
C. am losing D. has lost
- I _______________ a dozen of mangoes yesterday.
A. buy B. am buying
C. bought D. was bought
- I ____________ television whenever I can.
A. watch B. am watching
C. Watched D. have watched
- Ashok is doing his homework now. He usually _______________ it at night.
A. do B. done
C. is doing D. does
- I _________ the matriculation by June next.
A. will pass B. have passed
C. will have passed D. will have been passed
- The British_______________ India for many years.
A. were ruling over B. had ruled over
C. had been ruling D. ruled over
- When the chief guest arrived he __________ a guard honour.
A. gave B. is given
C. was given D. was being given
- As soon as alarm clock rang, I _____________.
A. wake up B. waked up
C. woke up D. weakened up
- I am out of breath because I _ round the play ground.
A. am running B. have run
C. have ran D. have been running
- The tree are wet. It ________ .
A. is raining B. has rained
C. has been raining D. will have been raining
- Smita ____________ by train next week.
A. is going to return B. will be returning
C. is returning D. will have been returning
- I’d like to come, but I am afraid __________ time.
A. Won’t have B. haven’t
C. hadn’t D. None of the above
- Leave that. I ____________ for you.
A. am going to carry B. will carry
C. am carrying D. shall be carrying
- Our teacher _____________ here will be next five years.
A. will be working B. am working
C. was working D. worked
- B, 2. C, 3. C, 4.A, 5. B , 6. C, 7. D, 8. A, 9. B, 10. A, 11. D, 12. C, 13. A, 14. B, 15. C, 16. A, 17. D, 18. A, 19. B, 20. B, 21. C, 22. C, 23. D, 24. A, 25.B, 26. C, 27.A, 28. C, 29. B, 30. D, 31. C, 32. B, 33. A, 34. D, 35. C,37. A 38. C, 39. A, 40.D, 41. C, 42. D, 43.C, 44.C, 45. D, 46. C, 47. C, 48. A, 49.B, 50. A