c) May rise or may fall
d) No effect
Ans – b
1. Which of the following makes a financial institution a bank?
2. Creation of money by commercial banks refers to
3. How much money are banks able to create is determined by
4. The Value of Money Multiplier equal
5. When the central bank sells securities in the market, the credit creation capacity of the commercial banks is likely to
6. Lowering of CRR by the central bank has the following impact on the credit creation capacity of the commercial banks
7. Raising Reverse Repo Rate by the central bank is likely to have the following impact on demand for goods and services in the economy
8.With lowering margin requirements by the Central bank, the borrowing capacity of the borrowers
9. What items are not included in the Money supply measure?
10. High powered Money consists of
11. Money Supply refers to
12. Money Supply is a______concept
13. Which one of these is a limitation of the barter exchange?
14. Who regulates the money supply in India?
15. Which of the following is not a problem with the barter system of exchange?
16. Money supply includes
17. Supply of money refers to the quantity of money
18. ______is the main source of money supply in an economy
19. This bank operates in the public interest without any profit motive
20. Through the process of______commercial banks are able to create credit, which is in far excess of the initial deposits
21. What will be the effect of an increase in the ‘Repo Rate on the Money Supply?
22. Banks create credit
23. Which of the following will increase the money supply?
24. In order to reduce credit in the country, RBI may
25. The one rupee note and coins are issued by
26. Which of these is not the function of the central bank?
27. Other name of legal reserve requirement is
28. Which of the following is not the function of the central Bank
29. Which bank controls the banking and monetary structure of India?
30. Which institution performs the activity of credit creation
1. When was Jawaharlal Nehru born?
2. Educated in England at Harrow and Cambridge, what occupation did Nehru qualify for?
3. Nehru became friends with Mahatma Gandhi and joined what independence group in 1918?
4. From where Jawaharlal Nehru had completed his studies for a barrister?
5. When did Jawaharlal Nehru first meet Mahatma Gandhi?
6. International Children’s Day is observed on ____ ?
7. Luxor is the city of_____?
8. Who began the Children’s Day celebration?
9. Which of these countries first declared Children’s Day as a public holiday?
10. In which place Jawaharlal Nehru organised the first Kisan March?
11. On what important issue did Nehru and Gandhi differ?
12. In which place Jawaharlal Nehru organised the first Kisan March?
13. When Jawaharlal Nehru became the General Secretary of the All India Congress Committee?
14. Which of the following legislative initiatives did Nehru not introduce?
15. In preparing India for the future, which of the following was not an area Nehru influenced?
16. When was Jawaharlal Nehru elected as the President of the Lahore Session of the Indian National Congress?
17. What incident affected Nehru’s political standing and his health?
18. Which newspaper was started by Jawaharlal Nehru?
19. Which of the following legislative initiatives did Nehru not introduce?
20. Who swore in Nehru as India’s first Prime Minister?
1. Gandhi’s inspiration for civil disobedience came from the writings of
2. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was called as Mahatma by
3. During the Non-Cooperation Movement, which award did Gandhiji return?
4. When was Mahatma Gandhi arrested during the ‘Quit India Movement’ of 1942?
5. Gandhiji believed that
6. At which one of the following places did Mahatma Gandhi first start his Satyagraha in India?
7. Who is the author of Gandhiji’s favourite Bhajan ‘Vaishnava jana to tene kahiye’?
8. In Gandhian Socialism
9. October 2, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi is internationally observed as –
10. At which of the following sessions of the Indian National Congress, did Gandhiji preside as the President?
11. Which of the following Round Table Conferences was attended by Mahatma Gandhi?
12. Who said about Gandhiji “Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this walked the earth in flesh and blood?
13. Who led the salt Satyagraha Movement with Gandhi?
14. In which of the following movements did Mahatma Gandhi make the first use of hunger Strike as a weapon?
15. Gandhiji organized ‘Dandi March’ in 1930 against :
16. Who led the extremists before the arrival of Gandhi on the political scene for India’s freedom struggle?
17. Which of these slogans is associated with Gandhiji?
18. Who of the following is considered the political guru of Mahatma Gandhi?
19. Which of the following newspapers was NOT published by Mahatma Gandhi?
20. Which of the following books has NOT been written by Mahatma Gandhi?
21. In which year did Mahatma Gandhi finally return to India from South Africa?
22. To how many years of imprisonment was Mahatma Gandhi sentenced for the first time in India?
23. Which of the following movements was NOT started by Gandhiji?
24. In relation to which of the following did Gandhi use the phrase “Post-dated cheque on a crashing bank”?
25. Which of the following is not correct about Mahatma Gandhi?
1. What was the age of Gandhi ji at the time of his marriage?
2. Where was Gandhi Ji born?
3. Who was the political guru of Mahatma Gandhi ji?
4. From which station in South Africa Gandhi was thrown out of the train?
5. How old was Gandhi when he reached London to become a barrister?
6. At which place was Gandhiji arrested for the first time by the British Government for sedition?
7. On which day of March 1930, the famous Dandi March launched by Gandhi ji?
8. When was the Gandhi – Irwin Pact signed?
9. Who killed Gandhi Ji?
10. Who was given the slogan ‘Do or die’?
Champaran Satyagraha (1917) First Civil Disobedience Movement.
Ahmedabad Mill Strike (1918) Ahmedabad textile laborers win strike for economic justice, 1918
Kheda Satyagraha (1918): First Non – Cooperation Movement.
What is Rowlatt Act 1919
Jallianwala Bagh Massacre (13th April, 1919)
Khilafat Movement 1919
Chauri Chaura Incident
Significance of the Non-Cooperation Movement
Swaraj Party 1923
Simon Commission (1927)
Spread of the movement
First Round Table Conference
Second Round Table Conference
Third Round Table Conference
Communal Award (16th Aug,1932)
Nehru Report (1928)
The Report favoured
Civil Disobedience Movement (1930-1934)
What Is Civil Disobedience Movement (1930-1934)
National Movement during 2nd world war
August Offer (8th Aug,1940)
Rejection of Cripps proposal
Quit India Movement (1942-1944)
Q.1- When was Bhagat Singh born?
Q.2: Bhagat Singh was executed in which of the following case:
Q.3: When was Bhagat Singh executed?
Q.4: In connection with the Lahore Conspiracy Case, consider the following:
Q.5: Bhagat Singh was executed at the age of ____.
Q.6: An 18-foot tall bronze statue of Bhagat Singh was installed in ______.
Q.7: On the 50th death anniversary of Bhagat Singh, a museum was inaugurated in his ancestral village. What is the name of the museum?
Q.8: Which among the following books is not written by Bhagat Singh?
Q.9: Which was the first film to be made on the life of Bhagat Singh?
Q.10: 5 rupees coin was released by RBI on the occasion of_____.
1. What are the five major freedom movements initiated by Mahatma Gandhi ?
2. What was the non-cooperation movement?
3. What was salt Satyagraha?
4. What is the Quit India Movement ?
5. What are the main weapons of Mahatma Gandhi?
6. How many people joined Gandhi in the salt march?
7. What is Gandhism ?
8. What is Gandhi’s main philosophy ?
9. What are Gandhi’s Four ideologies ?
10. What qualities made Gandhi “Mahatma” ?